Shop Owner Catches Teen Thieves
Saturday afternoon on the boulevard Jeu de Paume in historic downtown Montpellier, three minors (ages 13 and 15) cornered two women in the entrance hall of an apartment building. A nearby shop owner, who was on his scooter with his 12-year old son, heard the women’s screams. The young thieves had ripped the gold chain off the neck of one of the women and ran off. The shop owner dropped off his son with the shaken women and pursed the teens.
Local police assisted at the scene when the shop owner caught two of the teens, but the third one escaped with the gold chain. The shop owner quickly found him not far at the rue Alexandre Cabanel (between the boulevard Jeu de Paume and the Eglise Saint Roch). He grabbed the teen, forced him to spit out the jewelry that was hidden in his mouth, and brought him to the police officers who had his two accomplices in custody.
The minors are unaccompanied foreign nationals in France. The shop owner wishes to remain anonymous.
Forecast for Heavy Rain All Week
Prepare your umbrellas and rain boots! Starting on Tuesday evening, there will be rain storms in Montpellier and around the department of Hérault. The period of rain will lessen on Thursday and should end by Friday.
It is too early to predict flooding, so please stay tuned to the weather alert site of the city hall of Montpellier for updated information.
Trams and Buses on Strike Tuesday, October 9, 2018
Tuesday, October 9 has been declared by French labor unions as a national day of strikes. Trams and buses in Montpellier will be affected by this strike. Here is the current information:
- Lines 1, 2 et 3 : some delays
- Line 4 : a tram every 20 minutes
- Lines 6, 7, 9, 11, La Navette et 19 : a bus every 12 to 16 minutes
- La Ronde : a bus every 20 to 30 minutes
- Line 10 : a bus every 30 minutes
- Line 14 : a bus every 40 minutes
- Lines 8 et 12 : a bus every 60 minutes
- Line 20 : delays with regular buses without reservations. Reservations with Résa’TaM guaranteed.
- Line 23 : extreme delays and cancellations, no service after 3:45pm
- Line 24 : extreme delays and cancellations
- Line 25 : extreme delays and cancellations, but service guaranteed from 4:00pm to 9:30pm
- Line 26 : extreme delays and cancellations
All other lines should function as scheduled.